Thursday, September 18, 2008

Apricots

Did you know that peeling apricots will turn your fingers, nails and everything you touch orange? I didn't either. We have a neighbor with two big apricot trees that were just overflowing. They told us to come on down and get some. I had the kids get two big boxes. Unfortunately, my timing was off and I had to waste quite a few, but I did get 11 1 cup containers of apricot freezer jam out of them. It was pretty easy, but I don't know if it is any good yet, haven't tried it. we will have to have bread and jam tonight and see. I really want to do strawberrys next year, they are too expensive now. I have gotten the preserving bug.

2 comments:

Eric and Natalie said...

oh honey....next time just pit them, and throw them in your blender and puree them...then put them in a pan with 3 cups of sugar and a big box of Raspberry Jell-O. Then let it come to a boil and boil for a few min. then put them in your containers and freeze! Much faster and much easier

Eric and Natalie said...

oh 8 Cups of puree per 3 cups of sugar and package of jell-o