Thursday, August 28, 2008

IPhone Fiascio

Recently, it was my birthday. Yep, 1 year older, but NOT wiser. So, I wanted a new cell phone. I had been looking at the Blackberry Curve, but I also really thought I'd like the Iphone. Well, Kelly, the sweetheart he is took me to the Apple store at the Gateway, and stood in line with me for an IPhone. We only had to wait about 20min. So, I thought it was pretty cool, sync'd it with my itunes and had all my music on it. Really, I hated it! I was excited thinking I'd have all this music to play with and make ringtones, etc. Well, you can't, you have to go through I tunes. So, here is all this music that I already own, but I have to buy ringtones. UH, UH! Then, I took a picture one day and spent about an hour trying to figure out how to text it to Kelly. Guess what....You can't. You have to attach it to an email. Not everyone has email on their cell phones. Kind of defeats my purpose of having a picture phone. And because I have nails, it was very hard to text with. Let's just say, I didn't really like it.
So, today, I left work early and headed down to the Gateway again to return my phone. Luckily I called ahead because you have to schedule an appointment for that kind of thing. (my advise, avoid the apple store at all costs) So, I had an appointment at 2:40. I had Kelly call the AT&T store at the Gateway to tell them what I was doing and have a phone ready for me. I got to the Apple store at about 2:25 and checked in. At 3:30 they finally called my name, then it took another 25 minutes or so to complete the return. They told me I was good to go. So, I head up to AT&T. Nope, no go. Now I have to wait for the reversal of my upgrade so that I can get my new phone. If I had done it through AT&T there wouldn't have been a problem. Well, luckily I still have my old phone and it will work fine for a few days.
The guy at Apple told me I was bold. Not sure exactly what he meant by that, Maybe he meant the B word. I guess not many people return the IPhone because they don't like it. But the guy behind me was doing the same thing I was.
Finally, If you want a cool new phone, I recommend the Blackbury. You can add all your music, do all the things you could with the Iphone and more. and you can use your own songs for ringtones. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: